Luxembourg Diaries


Hello from the other siiideee... Once again, I failed to keep this blog updated. I wanted to write about my holiday in Italy (hopefully, a little guide to Venice and Florence will be up soon), my autumn trip to Prague and a pre-Christmas visit to Budapest. I wanted to write about books I read and books I bought and books I borrowed and books on my to-read list. I wanted to write about art galleries I visited and films I’ve seen. But then, as they say “life got in the way”.

So here I am, on my first (and rainy) day in Luxembourg City, where I moved for the next five months. I didn’t even know I would be moving here until the end of January, when I got a surprise phone call from Brussels and this lady, speaking English with a French accent, told me I got the translation traineeship at the European Commission I applied for. I was happy, I was proud, I told everyone and then I panicked.

However, so far, things are good. I arrived all right and I have a place to stay with lovely hosts and a friendly flatmate. Another flatmate of mine is on vacation and will arrive on Sunday, so I have yet to meet him, but I’m sure he’s perfectly lovely and friendly, too. I don’t know what to think of Luxembourg yet, but I’m definitely looking forward to discovering the city, meeting new people and learning a lot - that’s the whole point of the traineeship, isn’t it?

In the next five months, I plan to finally blog on a regular basis. I think I’ll try to give weekly updates (but only if there’s something to – literally – write home about) and I also want to write the aforementioned travel and book posts, maybe something a little more personal, too. Stay tuned!

Love,
Bella

Comments

Popular Posts